The policy outlines how Explain Market Research use your personal data when you sign up to and participate in the online community.
Scottish and Southern Electricity Networks (“SSEN”) has commissioned Explain Market Research (an independent market research agency http://www.explainresearch.co.uk/ ) to build and manage this Community on their behalf.
If you register and create an account, Explain require some basic information at the time of account creation. You will create your own username and password, and Explain will ask you for a valid email address. This information is needed to create your account, and to be able to identify you on the Community.
Only your username and self-selected photo will be shared with other users; we recommend that you choose a username which is not linked to your own name, and that you do not include any personal information in your postings. Explain will use your email address to communicate with you, in terms of updating you when there is new content on the Community, with opportunities to take part in market research or other topics related to the Community.
In running and maintaining this Community Explain may collect and process the following data and share this with SSEN:
- Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data
- Your email address and subscription preferences when you sign up to our email alerts, and how you use our emails - for example whether you open them and which links you click on
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example when you participate in community content
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means
Use of your information
Data can be viewed by authorized persons within Explain Market Research and SSEN to:
- Improve the site by monitoring how you use it
- Gather feedback to improve SSEN’s services
- Respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
- Send email alerts to users who request them
Any personal data collected by Explain when you join the community, such as your name and email address, cannot be accessed by SSEN, and any comments you make on the community can only be linked to your username. Any contribution that you make to the community, such as commenting on posts or creating discussions can be seen by other members of the community, including SSEN staff members.
You can unsubscribe from the community at any time by clicking here and selecting ‘leave the community’.
Where your data is stored
All data is stored securely within the EU. Our information security policy can be provided on request.
If you have any queries or complaints about the way your data is handled please contact Explain using the details below. You can also request a copy of the data held on you using these details:
Data Protection Lead
Explain Market Research Ltd
48 Leazes Park Road
Newcastle upon Tyne
Telephone: 0191 261 5261